In October, Dr. Timothy Freier passed on the metaphorical reins to Dr. Sarita Raengpradub as one of the lead instructors for the NAMI (North American Meat Institute) Biannual Listeria Workshop. As such, we interviewed both to learn about how the seminar has touched the industry and will continue to evolve.
- The FDA has found PFAS present at detectable levels in various foods supporting an EPA 2016 health advisory.
- PFAS are listed as possible carcinogens and are linked to other health concerns.
- Foods grown in contaminated soils, irrigated with contaminated water, or in contact with certain food wrappings may contain PFAS.
- Media discussions on PFAS hazards have further raised consumer awareness.
- Monitoring ingredients and packaging reduce contamination risk.
Thank you for visiting us at IAFP. This year’s conference brought together experts from across the globe to learn, engage, and collaborate on the latest scientific advancements in the food industry. As we reflect on the successes of the show, we wanted to share with you some of the highlights that stuck out to us!
That’s a Wrap for IFT 2019! We want to thank you for visiting us at IFT this year. This year’s conference brought together thousands of like-minded innovators to learn, engage, and collaborate on the latest scientific advancements in the food industry. With the show ending, and things going back to business as usual, we wanted to share with you some of the highlights that stuck out to us!